Don’t Let Your Pittsburgh-PA Roof Repairs Go Sky High
It is always a good idea to contact a certified roofing contractor in Pittsburgh-PA before you attempt to climb up on the roof yourself and get hurt. The best possible time to repair your Pittsburgh roof problem – is as soon as you realize that you have one. In fact, this could be further qualified by saying that the best and most economical way to a trouble-free roof, is to have the roof inspected yearly after 7-10 years, so that you can prevent major problems from forming. Quick response to a leaking roofing in Pittsburgh-PA could save you tons of money on Pittsburgh-PA roof repairs.
A leak from one dislodged shingle is a small and inexpensive roof repair. But if you do not have your roof regularly inspected, this will go unnoticed. By the time that you do notice it, it may be because water is dripping into your spare room! This means that water penetrated under your shingles, beneath your underlayment, through your roof decking, and finally into the ceiling to make an appearance. So, something that could have been minor transformed into a major leaking roof repair Pittsburgh-PA.
Visually Inspecting Your Pittsburgh Roof After Strong Storms
Always check your roof after a windstorm for wind damaged roofing, as most older or improperly installed roofing is not designed to withstand fierce winds. Look for any missing or blown off shingles that you can see, using a pair of binoculars to look for tears or lifting. Lifted shingles are a common cause of leaking roofs in Pittsburgh-PA, and can be easily repaired by your local roofing contractor Pittsburgh-PA. In addition, be aware of multiple tiles lifting, as this could be a sign that the roofing material is too old and is warping from all the weathering.
Using Your Attic To Detect Leaks From Inside Pittsburgh Home
Climb into your attic/loft and ensure that any insulation that you have in your roof is not right up against the roof itself. There has to be a gap for air to circulate, also when a roof heats up and there is insulation directly behind it, this heat is thrown back into the roofing and excessive heating like this can damage and warp the roof.
5 Common Pittsburgh Roof Leak Causes
- Cracked Flashing: Flashing is pieces of sheet metal that have been inserted under shingles to protect joints. They may have a rubberized coating over the top and that is where you can check for deterioration and cracking.
- Compromised Shingles: Western Pennsylvania’s High winds tend to be the main reason for torn or missing shingles. They are easy to identify without needing to climb up on the Pittsburgh roof.
- Improper Seals: The roof seam where two planes meet must be thoroughly sealed. Improper construction or aging can allow water to penetrate under the shingles and soften the roof decking.
- Leaky Skylights: One of the most common roof leak issues that Pittsburgh homeowners encounter is leaky skylights. This problem tends to be more prevalent when they are installed after in initial construction of the home.
- Heat Buckling: Many Pittsburgh homes that have older roofs have attics are not properly vented, allowing heat to build up. When a Pittsburgh home does not allow air to escape, the
If You See A Roof Leak, Contact A Pittsburgh Roofer ASAP
If you see a leak inside your home, you must action immediately to prevent further damage of your home interior. Although these are the most common causes of roof leaks, until you have a professional roof inspection from a reputable roofing contractor Pittsburgh-PA, it is tough to tell the cause and extent of damage to your roof. Finding the cause and repairing a leak should be your number one priority! Contact Peak Precision Contracting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for immediate roof repairs. Our team of Pittsburgh-PA roof repair experts will stop your leaking roof and not break your bank account!